We hope you enjoy your Fire Tablets. They’re pretty much normal Android tablets, but there are a few things we wanted to walk you through to get setup.
1. They will probably need to be updated right out of the box. Sorry about that. It’s going to take a little bit of time.
2. There are ads that are a little weird on the lock screen. They do that to give you all the free software that you get with the tablet. The good news is that you can’t accidentally purchase anything without entering your password.
3. When setting up the tablet, you’ll need to enter your Amazon username and password or create one.
4. The “Silk Browser” is your web browser like Google Chrome
5. One of the really awesome things about the Fire Tablets is Amazon Underground. When you go in the Appstore, there is an Underground tab. All the apps in there are free and all the in app purchases are free, so you won’t be charged for anything. It’s great for games and things like that. All those apps say Actually Free in the corner.
6. If you run out of space, these have a microsd slot for adding a memory card.
7. If you happen to come across an app that you know is an android app that you can’t seem to find in the Amazon Appstore, let me know and I can send you a special link to it. You’ll want to do a few steps right away to get ready to do that.
Here are the steps.
a. Swipe down from the top
b. Click settings
c. Click the switch that says Apps from Unknown Sources. That will let you install apps I send you.
8. If I need to send you a specific app that you can’t find, let me know. I’ll send you a special link that you open in the Silk Browser to download. It will warn you that the app could be dangerous. Just ignore that. Once it’s done downloading, just click open and it will install like any other app.
Merry Christmas from the Hoovers!